About Us

  1. TOP
  2. About Us :Corporate History

Corporate History

October 1958 Fuchu Supermarket Co., Ltd. was established in Fuchu-shi, Hiroshima.
July 1974 Head Office was relocated to Isegaoka, Fukuyama-shi, Hiroshima.
November 1976 Isegaoka Store started midnight operation until 24:00.
March 1983 Head Office was relocated to Minamizao-cho, Fukuyama-shi, Hiroshima.
March 1988 The company name was changed to Halows Co., Ltd. following the introduction of corporate identity. Since then, the names of the existing stores were changed to HALOWS accordingly.
June 1989 Halow Enterprise Co., Ltd. was established to serve as a central kitchen producing ready-to-eat lunch packs and delicatessen foods.
March 1994 HALOWS Hikino Store started 24-hour operation.
July 2000 The Company merged with Halow Enterprise Co., Ltd. by absorption.
February 2001 The Headquarters was relocated to Kannabe-cho, Fukayasu-gun (presently, Fukuyama-shi), Hiroshima, where the Distribution Center started operation.
September 2002 Halows Co., Ltd. listed its shares on the JASDAQ Securities Exchange (September 3).
October 2003 The Dry Grocery Distribution Center started operation in Onomichi-shi, Hiroshima.
May 2004 Halows Food Pack Control (HFPC) started operation.
February 2007 Okayama Chilled Center started operation in Kurashiki-shi, Okayama.
April 2007 Frozen Distribution Center started operation in Okayama-shi, Okayama.
October 2010 The Headquarters office was relocated to Hayashima-cho, Tsukubo-gun, Okayama.
January 2011 “Hayashima Logistics Center” was completed and started operation in Hayashima-cho, Tsukubo-gun, Okayama.
September 2012 “HALOWS ECO Center” started operation in Hayashima Logistics Center.
October 2012 “Sakaide Chilled Center” (relay center) started operation in Sakaide-shi, Kagawa.
October 2012 General incorporated foundation HALOWS Foundation (presently, public-interest incorporated foundation HALOWS Foundation) was founded.
May 2014 The Company commenced mega-solar power generation on the roof of Hayashima Logistics Center.
October 2015 “Shikoku Logistics Center” (relay center) started operation in Utazu-cho Ayauta-gun, Kagawa.
October 2015 The Company changed its stock listing market to the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (October 16).